"fuck like a mink" [Was: "mink" (n.) = 'a black, a Negro'?]

Charles Doyle cdoyle at UGA.EDU
Mon May 11 15:43:52 UTC 2009

At least "fuck like minks" makes a kind of sense as an image--as does "fuck like rabbits" in regard to reproductive proclivities.

In contrast, the simile "fuck like snakes," familiar to me from various parts of the South, is less transparent in its imagery. Do we envision intimate and tortuous physical entanglement? Is some free-floating phallic symbolism implicit? A primal and serpentine knowledge of good and evil?

--Charlie