"and" in numerical expressions

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat May 16 03:56:08 UTC 2009

Think about it.  It has to do with parsing.  It's as though you left off saying the first "one thousand".  Then you say "one," then "one thousand two, one thousand three, one thousand four" etc.  Or else you could persist

one one thousand
two one thousand
three one thousand

but when you reach 30, don't forget to say "one thousand after it".

see truespel.com