Heard on [adult swim]: "street" to "alley"?

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed May 20 06:03:46 UTC 2009

"Announcer" spoofing the BBC on Lookaround U, a Brit comedy show:

"Wherever your _alley_, we are right up it."

Among the *very* few people from the various branches of the past and
present kingdom that I've known, I've heard, "right up your _street_"
and "right up your _road_," but, never before, "right up your alley,"
except from Canadians.

Speaking of whom, according to another show, the present-day United
States would be located in Canada, had not the the American Indians
graciously chosen to die out and had not a multitude of black Africans
rushed to take advantage of a generous offer of lifetime employment in
exchange for free passage to what was to become the United States.

-Wilson
–––
-----
-Mark Twain