Five times less

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Fri May 22 20:26:57 UTC 2009

I have trouble with "two times more than mine",
but then again I'm a fussy mathematician.  If my
salary is 100, then two times more is
300.  (Count an additional 100 twice.) "Two times as much" is 200.

I also have great difficulty with "two times
less"; I have to say "one-half as much"

At least they don't say "two times fewer"!

Joel