the dissappearing "awe" sound (UNCLASSIFIED)

Tue May 26 16:14:33 UTC 2009

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

If only someone had had the foresight to stabilize the language 600
years ago, it would have been so much easier to slog through "Canterbury
Tales".

Seriously, why does the language need stabilizing?  So what if it
evolves?  That's one of the reasons that English has become a global
language.