IPA in spreadsheets (was: antedating "hobo" 1885)

David Bowie db.list at PMPKN.NET
Thu May 28 12:32:54 UTC 2009

From:    Tom Zurinskas <truespel at HOTMAIL.COM>

> I'd like to see these fonts here in this forum that are spreadsheet
> friendly...

Any Unicode font that has a reasonably complete "IPA extensions" section
will do. I use Gentium 'cause i like the way it looks, but the most
complete i've found is Arial Unicode MS.

> ...Can we have a phoneme list with IPA and then these other
> fonts?

Here? Why, when you can look in pretty much *any* introductory
linguistics textbook and find such a list?

--
David Bowie                               University of Central Florida