DILLIGAF

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri May 29 16:59:29 UTC 2009

I can't believe I left this out of HDAS I as well. But back then I  had only
one cite. Thousands of raw Googlits, far more than for the similar
DILLIGAS.  I encountered both in 1980 in a Vietnam War context:

*DILLIGAF 1973 *Stephen A. Rowan *They Wouldn’t Let Us Die*  (ed. 2) (Middle
Village, N.Y.: Jonathan David) 27:  We had a guy named Dilligaf— DILLIGAF —
Do I Look Like I Give A Fuck? And that was his attitude; so Dilligaf was his
name. The favorite [North Vietnamese] guard of all.   *1996* Doug Underhill
& Herb Curtis *Miramichi Dictionary* (n.p.: Neptune Publishing Co.)
(unpaged): *Dilligaf*.   Famous bar in the village of Blackville, about
twenty miles south of Miramichi City. Translated, Dilligaf means: Does It
Look Like I Give a F---.   *2007 *Stella Hyde *Darkside Zodiac at Work* (San
Francisco: Red Wheel/Weiser) 157: A T-shirt with the…logo, DILLIGAF (Do I
look like I Give a F@?%?).

JL