"Incredible Hulk" Quote

Randy Alexander strangeguitars at GMAIL.COM
Sun Nov 1 12:24:51 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 8:09 PM, Shapiro, Fred <fred.shapiro at yale.edu> wrote:

> I appreciate the indulgence of people on this list for my postings that
> sometimes veer away from linguistic content.  This one is particularly OT.
>
> I apologize for my ignorance of Hulkana, but here goes:  On the "Incredible
> Hulk" television show, David Banner had a catchphrase: ""Don't make me angry
> ..."  Can anyone tell me whether this was this only used on the TV show, or
> did it originate in the comics?  If the latter, can anyone tell me which
> comics issue had the first appearance, and what was the full quote?

Flashback to my seventies childhood.  On the TV show I think he added
"...you wouldn't like me when I'm angry."

According to the WP article, that is from the pilot episode and was shown in
the opening of every show.  I was more of a DC guy, so I never read the
comic book.

--
Randy Alexander
Jilin City, China