American Dialect Society experts list

Mon Nov 2 22:32:23 UTC 2009

As we approach the words-of-the-year season, we once more extend the
opportunity for members of the American Dialect Society to be included
on the society's "experts" page.

http://www.americandialect.org/experts

This page is used by journalists who need someone to comment on, or be
interviewed about, language-related matters. Theoretically, it
increases the quality of language-related reporting. It may also
improve your CV (or at least make your institution's PR department
fond of you) and it can sometimes be great fun.

If you'd like to be on the page, please send your name, your
affiliations, your areas of expertise, a short list of works
published, and at least one way to contact you (phone, email, web
site, etc.). Including a phone number increases your chances of being
called. You would be contacted a few times a month at most.

If you are already on the list, please review your entry to make sure
it is up to date.

Grant Barrett
American Dialect Society
Vice President of Communications and Technology
Chair of the New Words Committee
Editor of "Among the New Words" in the society's academic journal
"American Speech"
http://www.americandialect.org
grantbarrett at gmail.com