“money shmoney” [was: American Jewish English]

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Fri Nov 6 13:55:11 UTC 2009

The page Geoff points to has "Benor and Cohen found ... that many
non-Jews use selected Yiddishisms (especially klutz, shpiel, and
"money shmoney").

I wonder whether "money shmoney" has appeared, or risen, in usage
since the beginning of the latest recession, or perhaps specifically
at the time of the exposure of Bernie Madoff, many of whose victims
(or, it may turn out, collaborators) are Jewish.

Joel