'Get into her pants' (was: Knickers)

Baker, John JMB at STRADLEY.COM
Mon Nov 9 12:27:28 UTC 2009

Westlaw confirms these citations.

John Baker

________________________________

From: American Dialect Society on behalf of Garson O'Toole
Sent: Mon 11/9/2009 6:08 AM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: 'Get into her pants' (was: Knickers)

Thanks for your efforts finding these citations. The earliest
apparently is from 1946. Using Google I may have found cites from 1937
and 1939 in the Loislaw Legal Research database. I am not familiar
with this database and do not know if the dates are reliable:

Texas Case Law - STEPTOE v. STATE, 133 Tex. Crim. 194 (1937)
No. 19109. Delivered June 25; 1937. Rehearing Denied November 3, 1937.
Appellant had his hand around her holding her when he told her he
wanted to get into her pants. She was trying to get away. Lucille
Hopkins, the girl who ...

Texas Case Law - ESCOBAR v. STATE, 138 Tex. Crim. 71 (1939)
No. 20261. Delivered April 5, 1939. Rehearing Denied December 13, 1939.
We had been loving one another up about two weeks ago and I tried to
get into her pants, but she said let's let it go for a while. And she
got mad at me. ...

Verifying these hits is a challenge because the database charges
individuals $47.99 per day. Someone with access to Loislaw via an
institutional subscription might be able to verify the information.
Garson