Hot news perfect question

Mon Nov 16 22:24:11 UTC 2009

One page 355 of Harry Turtledove's _Ruled Britannia (Roc, Sept 2003),
a novel of alternate history, he uses the form of the hot news perfect:

-----
"I'm for the Theatre," Shakespeare answered [in the morning].
"Faith, are you indeed?" the [Irish guard] said. "Riddle my why, then.
I'm **after knowing** these plays run of afternoons."
"In sooth, they do," Shakespeare agreed.
-----

The Wikipedia page on Hiberno-English (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiberno-English#Grammar_derived_from_Irish
) says that the hot news perfect is used as the pluperfect.

Here the meaning is "To my knowledge, these plays run in the
afternoon" or perhaps "As I have known, these plays run in the
afternoon" which seems at odds with the Wikipedia explanation.

Is there something else going on here?

Benjamin Barrett
Seattle, WA