Anon. quote: "Any day above ground..."

Tue Nov 17 21:32:54 UTC 2009

Tom Snyder's grandmother and the bumper sticker makers may have been
preternaturally influenced by the following poem, "Life is a Ladder",
from October 1895:

Life is called a ladder
Which we climb round by round,
We should step up higher,
Each day above the ground.

Each noble deed we do,
Each kind word we say,
Each trouble we pass through,
Is a step upon the way.

Citation: Primary Education, Volume 3, Page 290, Educational Pub. Co., 1895.
http://books.google.com/books?id=-tMBAAAAYAAJ&q=%22day+above%22#v=snippet&q=%22day%20above%22&f=false