Hot news perfect question

Tue Nov 17 22:08:39 UTC 2009

I don't understand. He agrees that what the guard has said is correct. How is that not agreeing to the correction? The fact that he has more to say about the subject is irrelevant to his interpretation, and immediate response to, the guard's utterance.

-----Original Message-----
From: Benjamin Barrett <gogaku at ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 13:37:09
To: <ronbutters at aol.com>
Subject: Re: Hot news perfect question

The guard knows that the plays are put on in the afternoon. He wants
to know why Shakespeare is heading there now since it's morning. So
Shakespeare isn't agreeing to the correction so much as getting ready
to inform the guard that rehearsals are required to make the plays
look good. Hence, he's heading there so early in the day. BB