Majuscules and minuscules

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Thu Nov 19 02:30:31 UTC 2009

At 8:15 PM -0500 11/18/09, Joel S. Berson wrote:
>At 11/18/2009 07:11 PM, Tony Au wrote:
>
>>This doesn't cover all proper nouns, but in Chinese, a centered dot is used
>>to distinguish between parts of a foreign transliterated name. For example,
>>Barack Obama is 贝æ-‰å
-·奥巴马 (I hope this shows up right!).

>Unfortunately, not for me, with my primitive
>Eudora email program.

Curiously, the characters did come through fine
on my own relatively antiquated Eudora 6.2--in
Tony's original message, but not in yours.  Joel,
can your version really be older than 6.2?  I
thought I was the Ludditiest subscriber here, but
I may have to relinquish the title.

LH