OT: pejorativers

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Mon Nov 23 21:50:29 UTC 2009

I fell out of my chair laughing, and could hardly stop.  Not being as
perceptive as some, it took me a second or two to see it as a typo.

And no, it is not a definition of a clinical term (aren't they more
likely to be capitalized acronyms?).   "Perjnaps" certainly looks and
sounds pejorative to me.  Even begins with the same
sounds.  Perjury?  Kidnappers?  Dirty lying kidnappers?  (Although
its definition is a letdown.)  And I sensed a criticism of people who
are "likely to make up odd names for things they don't approve of".

In any case, I felt I would not be able to let this go and stop
laughing until I passed it on to someone else.  Punch, brothers, punch ... .

Joel