Fwd (plaintext): Randy: Does Anyone Actually _say_ This?

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Sun Oct 4 23:32:47 UTC 2009

On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 11:22 PM, Randy Alexander
<strangeguitars at gmail.com> wrote:

> It still looks like that! Â I don't know what's happening, but I
> definitely sent this in plaintext.
>
> On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 11:13 AM, Randy Alexander
> <strangeguitars at gmail.com> wrote:
> > This seems to have gotten through as rich text. Â This should be better:
> >
> > --to emphasize that the curriculum starts from the students’ study

Looks to me as if it had em dashes and curly apostrophes, neither of
which is in Latin-1 Unicode (eight bits, 00-FF).

Hmm. Let me add, in ASCII, that what *I* see above is all ASCII, plus
combinations of several Latin-1 characters:

> > This seems to have gotten through as rich text. * This should be better:
> >
> > --to emphasize that the curriculum starts from the students’ study

* capital A with circumflex
** small a with circumflex, euro sign, trademark symbol

m a m