"Bob's your uncle" antedating (1932)

Stephen Goranson goranson at DUKE.EDU
Sun Oct 18 15:55:40 UTC 2009

1937 Bob's your uncle in Partridge (and OED).
1937 Bobs your uncle in archive.
1938 Bob's yer uncle in archive.

The Observer [London]. Jun 19, 1932, page 7, col. 5.
Just Out
Some Very New Books
A strident liveliness spoils "The Travels of Tramp-Royal (Blackwood...) for
readers not temperamentally akin to a writer who exclaims "Bob's your uncle!"
and "Aha says I." It tells of a tramp through some of the wildest and loveliest
parts of Scotland, "with a peter full of everything on my back and a billy full
of nothing on my hip." Mr. Matt Marshall [author]....

Stephen Goranson
http://www.duke.edu/~goranson