MSM. was Re: TMI

Cohen, Gerald Leonard gcohen at MST.EDU
Sun Oct 25 15:22:17 UTC 2009

MSM? Hey, that's the former name of my institution (Missouri School of Mines, which in the 1960s became University of Missouri-Rolla, which two years ago became Missouri University of Science and Technology).

The old alumni never did get over the change of name of their beloved MSM.  I'm still having withdrawal symptoms from UMR.

Gerald Cohen

Original message from Jonathan Lighter, Sun 10/25/2009 9:30 AM:

CNN asks this AM whether some politician is "giving us a bad case of TMI."

That means "too much (disagreeable or distasteful) information."
Nearly 100,000 RGs.

Guests on the same show also spoke without explication of "the MSM."  That
means "the mainstream media," i.e., anything  other than the blogosphere and
Fox News, the marketers who popularized the phrase "mainstream media."

"MSM": Three and a half millions RGs.

JL