2 thumbs up? Reachers predict by 2013 we'll all be tweeting

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Oct 25 21:23:43 UTC 2009

Writing in Seed magazine, neuroscientist Denis G. Pelli and graphic
designer Charles Bigelow (he created the Lucida font) find that the
internet has brought us to the brink of universal literacy....

lol

JL

On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 5:13 PM, Dennis Baron <debaron at illinois.edu> wrote:

> -----------------------
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       Dennis Baron <debaron at ILLINOIS.EDU>
> Subject:      2 thumbs up? Reachers predict by 2013 we'll all be tweeting

> There's a new post on the Web of Language:
>
> 2 thumbs up? Reachers predict by 2013 we'll all be tweeting
>
> Researchers are predicting that Twitter is going global: in just four
> years, everyone on the planet -- some 10 billion people -- will be
> tweeting.
>
> Writing in Seed magazine, neuroscientist Denis G. Pelli and graphic
> designer Charles Bigelow (he created the Lucida font) find that the
> internet has brought us to the brink of universal literacy, and we're
> also fast approaching universal authorship: "Nearly everyone reads.
> Soon, nearly everyone will publish."
>
> To illustrate this writing revolution, Pelli and Bigelow have
> assembled what can only be called an "authorgraph," a chart plotting
> the number of book authors from the middle ages to the present, and
> the far greater number of authors using new media -- blogs, Facebook,
> and Twitter -- since the year 2000.
>
> read the whole post on the Web of Language: http://bit.ly/weblan
>

> ____________________
> Dennis Baron
> Professor of English and Linguistics
> Department of English
> University of Illinois
> 608 S. Wright St.
> Urbana, IL 61801
>
> office: 217-244-0568
> fax: 217-333-4321
>
> http://www.illinois.edu/goto/debaron
>
> read the Web of Language:
> http://www.illinois.edu/goto/weboflanguage

"There You Go Again...Using Reason on the Planet of the Duck-Billed
Platypus"