"new" masculine name: Farrah

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 29 17:30:30 UTC 2009

What are you trying to say, Jon? Just because my country cousins use
the local pronunciation-spelling of "Farrell" instead of the
probably-unknown-to-them standard spelling is no reason to be pointing
the finger at them! I have another cousin whose middle name is "Dial"
[d&@l], i.e. Darrell.

-Wilson _Gray_

[I do but jest, of course. Except that, as a child, I really did think
that my cousin's middle name was "Dial." Damned cool, I thought at the
time.]

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 1:14 PM, Jonathan Lighter
<wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Subject:      "new" masculine name: Farrah
>
> Farrah Gray, born in the mid 1980s:
> http://www.drfarrahgray.com/biography.html
>
> Guy.
>
> JL
> --
> "There You Go Again...Using Reason on the Planet of the Duck-Billed
> Platypus"

-Wilson
–––
–Mark Twain