Q: soixante neuf

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Fri Oct 30 20:30:59 UTC 2009

At 1:32 PM -0200 10/30/09, David A. Daniel wrote:
>That Randiana link makes interesting use of XXC to mean 80. Anybody know if
>that was standard at one time or is still obscurely in use, or is perhaps
>just wrong?
>DAD

P.S.  Forgot to mention another striking feature of this ms., viz.
the name of the master seducer/narrator, which leads to such
evocative passages as:

'Oh! Mr. Clinton, you will ruin me, I'm sure you will. Pray stop
where you are, and do not go any further.'...

'Oh! Mr. Clinton, I shall faint. Do let me go. I never felt anything
like this in my life.'