"drunk riding"

Benjamin Zimmer bgzimmer at BABEL.LING.UPENN.EDU
Tue Sep 1 21:20:26 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 4:33 PM, Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at yale.edu> wrote:
> And on the other hand, is there drunk piloting (for those at the wobbly helm of a motorboat)?

That's usually called, unimaginatively, "drunk boating." Various
states have passed drunk boating legislation on the model of
(terrestrial) drunk driving.

--Ben Zimmer

The American Dialect Society - http://www.americandialect.org

More information about the Ads-l mailing list