The Uniqueness of Man

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sat Sep 19 01:43:23 UTC 2009

At 9/18/2009 02:52 PM, Wilson Gray wrote:
>Joel, do you really mean to say that, following the assumed model of
>the Chomskyites, you're simply not going to read any literature whose
>POV doesn't conform to your own preconceived notions?

Not at all -- my notions have been developed after careful thought .  :-)

But after reading some of Pinker's distasteful pronouncements on
ethical issues (isn't he the original for end-of-life council to the
elderly?) I don't look forward to reading arguments that man is
unique because he has a language organ.  And Chomsky is a fellow
traveler, isn't he?  (On language, I don't know about his ethics.)

Joel