Amazoned (was Re: Fwd:: Fiction and / Fiction about Grammar (UNCLASSIFIED))

Scot LaFaive slafaive at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 22 11:49:44 UTC 2009

> And I even amazoned him before misspelling his name.

Not sure if this has been discussed with any depth here (if so, you are free
to ignore me but I didn't see it in the archives), but this use of "amazon"
as a verb (in the same manner as "to google") is new to me. After a quick
Google search, I didn't find see "to amazon" as to search Amazon.com but
I did find another verb usage for "amazon."

The Boston Globe | June 17, 1999| Steven Syre and Charles Stein, Globe Staff
"Once companies worried about being taken over. Today they worry about being
"Amazoned," which means waking up one day and finding that an Internet
upstart has stolen a big chunk of their business."
I'm guessing there might be other senses as well.

Scot