Popsicle

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Apr 6 00:40:43 UTC 2010

At 10:57 PM +0100 4/5/10, Damien Hall wrote:
>>>From Leslie Decker.
>
>Damien

Interesting.  It would never have occurred to me to pronounce (or
hear) it any other way than with reduced stress on the "sicle" part,
even more reduced than the way Arlo Guthrie pronounces "motorcycle"
in his eponymous song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g266Uwp6ZnI
I don't want a pickle
I just wanna ride on my motorsickle