Boughten

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Apr 11 15:28:14 UTC 2010

You've forgotten the ill-gotten.

"Boughten" sounds vaguely mock-Dutch, as does be-shitten (to go with
ge-fucked). I've had a few friends from MI, WI, PA with Dutch or North
German ancestry toss these around on regular basis, but I just asked one
about "boughten" and got a blank. But -(schwa)n is a Yiddish suffix as
well, is it not? Not that it would have contributed to "boughten"...

     VS-)