plant names and other oddities

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 16 04:44:14 UTC 2010

"Who sups [or Who would sup] with the Devil must needs use a long spoon".
IIRC, I first encountered this in Margery Allingham's *The Tiger in the
Smoke. *One of the characters uses the expression with respect to dealing
with a very dangerous character (the title character, in fact); and a later
chapter, again iirc, is called "The Long Spoon".

m a m