Short take: penguin, information

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Apr 17 00:50:02 UTC 2010

No, no! I was not looking at the difference between Swift and
Mamet--quite to the contrary, I think the usage is the same. But it is
different from the other examples in the OED under the allegedly the
same meaning.

I agree that, in principle, suits are important. But you're assuming
that the "suit types" in charge of the creative aspects at the
studios/networks actually wear suits. Perhaps they do, perhaps not.
But the issue remains the same--the reference is to a supposedly
ignorant, stiff individuals, likely men.

 VS-)