used by himself

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 21 16:29:23 UTC 2010

Not quite "according to me" and may sound perfectly reasonable to
everyone else... but I found it odd. Also note the two different uses of
"himself" in the same sentence (although both antecedents are clear).
And the second one--"used for himself"--doesn't bother me in the slightest

http://bit.ly/9HCMU1
> He also accused Cuomo of tapping the phone lines used by himself and
> his relatives and of taking a "steamroller approach" against political
> enemies, a reference to the term disgraced and former Gov. Eliot
> Spitzer once used for himself.

     VS-)