prince and prints

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Apr 25 21:02:30 UTC 2010

I don' think dictionaries are working from "narrow" transcriptions when they offer voicings of words.
I gave a list of words from thefreedictionary.com.  They ended in "nce" and all sounded to me like ~nts.  You appear to be saying that the speakers are incorrect.  I would say that they are correct.  See m-w.com and they put n(t)s, meaning that the (t) is optional.  Yet the speaker has the ~t.

It is my experience that words ending in "nce" are typically spoken as ~nts, just as they are spoken in the sample words.

Not only that but words ending in "ns" are not spoken as ~ns, but ~nz.  The ending ~ns is phonetically regular in English

see truespel.com phonetic spelling