my bad

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 30 15:37:27 UTC 2010

When this came up last year people had trouble finding a still earlier
discussion in the Archives.

Now I can't find last year's discussion.

Except in my mailbox.

"My bad" was print in 1980, reported as being a common term among mostly
inner-city teenagers in pick-up basketball games. It took quite a few
years to catch on in the media.

I didn't come across another ex. of "my bad" until 1994-95, when it began to
become common. If I had, I'd have made a note of it.

JL