A quick note

Eric Nielsen ericbarnak at GMAIL.COM
Mon Aug 2 01:12:17 UTC 2010

A while ago, there was discussion on contemporary use of quick (the living).
I found this occurrence recently in my fun reading:

"He had been born, achieving active status, six years before, both parents
in attendance, one of only thirty children *quickened* in city memory that
year."

Greg Bear
*Eternity*
Popular Library, Warner Books Inc. New York, NY
1988
p. 30

These "quickened" individuals are not corporeal yet, but have status as
persons-even though they only exist in memory. Later on, they take can take
exams to qualify for a body.

Eric