"the apocryphal HDAS III"

Wed Aug 4 01:09:38 UTC 2010

The discussion I started on HDAS III went off in a number of directions, none of them related to the question of when will we see the final part of JL's book be finished?  If not soon, then, why not soon?

I don't think that a clear-eyed reading of my posts will see "surprisingly strong anti-OED sentiment".  I am disappointed in a majpr aspect of the policies adopted by its editors, the more so because I don't expect to see any other dictionary that will ever serve my purpose.  Certainly no other dictionary has the resurces, the files of data, to work with.

GAT

George A. Thompson