"the apocryphal HDAS III"

Thu Aug 5 03:35:32 UTC 2010

The YBQ entry is readable by following the link below:

The version stating that "Ninety percent of everything is crud"
appeared in March 1958 in Venture Science Fiction. Other versions are
described including one that begins "Ninety percent of science fiction
is crud. But then ninety percent of everything is crud, and ..."

http://books.google.com/books?id=w5-GR-qtgXsC&q=crud#v=snippet&

Garson