Ticket Spitter

Jeff Prucher jprucher at YAHOO.COM
Wed Aug 11 17:45:48 UTC 2010

The (or at least a) registered name is, in fact, "ticket spitter":
first registration (1957): http://bit.ly/bPg49x
current registration (2002): http://bit.ly/cwTpeA

Note also the "first use in commerce" of 1955, which aligns with Joel's
findings.

Jeff Prucher
 Editor, Brave New Words: The Oxford Dictionary of Science Fiction. Now in
paperback!
http://www.jeffprucher.com