Yet More Bad Girl Talk

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Aug 14 03:58:18 UTC 2010

The Oxygen cable network ("for women") is back with another bunch o' bad
girls in _The Bad Girls Club_.  Some linguistically noteworthy sayings from
the unruly female 21-26-year-old cohort:

"My dad's Puerto Rican and my mom's Jewish. I'm Jewrican"

"Oh! This place is *sick*!" "Yeah, it's *really* nice."

"If Iike you, I'll snatch the bitch for you. If I don't like you, you get
snatched by the bitch."  [Meaning unclear but ominous.]

"She's *acting* nutty....But I'm a nutsack."  [I.e., a veritable mental
case.]

"It's delated. Not a big thing!" "That's BE-lated, not DE-lated."

"Venus is my stripper name. I chose it because it's very exotic and
tropical."

"That's so shady! That's so shady!  You're just being shady to me in the
kitchen! ... She's shady and if she wants to disrespect me, she better be
able to back it up!"  ["Shady" = disrespectful; nasty]

"You motherf***in' *bitch*!"  [Young lady to chap who has angered her.]

"I kinda tweaked out. Sorry."  [I.e., "freaked out"]

"You do the best impersonation ever, dog!" [I.e., young lady.]

"You better sleep with one eye open, you f***in' bitch!"  [Old idiom not in
OED.]

"Don't disrespect me. Don't come at me sideways and we're good."  [ "Come at
me sideways" = "act insincerely or unfairly toward me"]

"[She's a] slutbag."  [I.e., despicable.]

"Welcome to South Beyotch!"   [Show's CGI'd version of municipal "Welcome to
South Beach" sign.]

JL