Woman-hitting by Sean Connery

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Wed Aug 25 16:11:35 UTC 2010

At 8/25/2010 11:14 AM, Mullins, Bill AMRDEC wrote:
>Sean Connery in _Playboy_, Nov 1965:  "I don't think there is anything
>particularly wrong about hitting a woman ... If a woman is a bitch, or
>hysterical, or bloody-minded continually, then I'd do it." "
>
>I'm still waiting for that one to get into YBQ . . . .

He got his comeuppance ten years later in the movie "The Man Who
Would be King" -- and via a woman too.  (Although he didn't hit a
woman in the movie -- perhaps because it has few women who speak.)

(Wikipedia tells me "Shot on location in Morocco, Huston had planned
to make the film since the 1950s ..."  I didn't know he was shot there.)

Joel