William Blake or Jim Morrison Quote

Gregory McNamee gm at GREGORYMCNAMEE.COM
Sat Aug 28 16:09:32 UTC 2010

The name of The Doors, I've always understood it, comes from Aldous Huxley's book The Doors of Perception, which in turn comes from a Blake poem, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell" (and, within it, from one of the many sections called "A Memorable Fancy"): "If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite." (In the little Open University/Penguin anthology I have, it's on page 101.) Hope that helps...