More 1908 Dialect Notes on E 'Bama (white) English

Ronald Butters ronbutters at AOL.COM
Mon Aug 30 14:35:33 UTC 2010

I vaguely recall a childish joke from years ago that characterized the Lone Ranger's Theme Song (the opening of "William Tell Overture") as ("rump-titty-rump-titty-rump rump rum"). at the time, this was intended to be risqué.

There was an article on TRADE-LAST in AMERICAN SPEECH. I think the author was Tom Murray, so it was long ago.