Personal seedless watermelons

victor steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Aug 30 18:01:32 UTC 2010

Again, slightly off-topic: I've seen the small watermelons referred to
as "ice-box melons". It sounds more than a bit archaic. At the same
time, there is a mini-fad among foodies to use retro-language.

FWIW, I agree with Charlie--a watermelon under 12 lb is not worth
multiple sittings.

VS-)

PS: Completely off-topic--has anyone tried making watermelon lemonade?
Or "limeade" for that matter? The latter might work well with honeydew
melons as well... Just a thought...