antedating bitching (UNCLASSIFIED)

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Dec 3 20:08:08 UTC 2010

Not predating the other 2 I just posted, but confirming the general
sentiment and context--/and/, this time, with a firm date! [GB full view]

http://goo.gl/kJigR
The Rotarian, Sep 1945
Now That I'm Home. By Captain Darrel L. Brady. p. 12
> Frankly, I'm doing what we call "bitching" in the service. You perhaps
> are fed up with it. In the service we know it is a wholesome sign of
> normal morale as long as the men keep "bitching." When they stop, we
> look for trouble. So while I am at it I'll go on to air one of the
> biggest gripes of the men doing the fighting.

I really should not have pulled the trigger so fast on this bunch. I am
sure the date will get pushed down further by close inspection of
newspaper archives.

There is also an intriguing item from 1846, but it needs to be
investigated further...

     VS-)