chuckie

Paul Frank paulfrank at POST.HARVARD.EDU
Sat Dec 4 20:57:10 UTC 2010

Ron is of course right that most speakers of all languages don't scour
dictionaries in search of obscure or obsolete words they can use in
conversation. I certainly don't, though I do scour dictionaries in
search of words. But I bet that the OED would make more money if it
lowered its price for individual subscriptions. Sorry I brought this
up this morning in a moment of weakness.

Paul