abreevs

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Dec 12 00:01:13 UTC 2010

I was going to mention this earlier but did not want to run a separate
post, as it was a minor observation.

http://goo.gl/nzUBE

http://goo.gl/2J3dn

http://goo.gl/uuLV5
> Make sure you include all the mailings, the airfare to everywhere, and
> whatever *bennie's* Ted Stevens is still getting, including legal aid etc.

There was a more recent appearance of "bennie" in the same sense on the
same blog earlier in the week, but it appears to have been edited out.

But note the last one in particular. If "bennie" were treated just like
an ordinary word, there would be no apostrophe. But one place that is
common to use -'s to mark plural is in abbreviations and initialisms
(e.g., CD's). So, it seems, the author distinguished the status of
"bennie".

     VS-)