Yankee clippers etc.

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Mon Dec 13 18:23:20 UTC 2010

There can be confusion because newspapers (at least those I read --
the 18th century) often put both the name of the ship and its type in
italics.  Thus one will see things like _Mary Sloop_ or _Endeavor
Schooner_.  (It seems the type of ship must have been of some
interest to the newspaper readers.)

However, I don't think there was any type of ship called "Hero".  :-)

Joel