kizarney (UNCLASSIFIED)

Darla Wells lethe9 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 15 15:56:53 UTC 2010

He could have picked it up from visiting the carnival. One show I travelled
with played Compton at least twice a year and the kids would come out and
pester the life out of us till we opened. The adolescents would come out and
help set up and slough to make a few bucks. In many places, people would
come out year after year and we had almost cult status. Snoop is about the
right age to have done this.
Darla

2010/12/14 Wilson Gray <hwgray at gmail.com>

> -----------------------
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Subject:      Re: kizarney (UNCLASSIFIED)

> On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 2:19 PM, Mullins, Bill AMRDEC
> <Bill.Mullins at us.army.mil> wrote:
> > "It wasn't many years ago when the carnivals rolled into town, bringing
> > mystery, excitement and kizarney - the bizarre dialect known only to the
> > "carneys." "
> > later in the article [col 2]:
> > "Kizarney Is the carnival world's own style of pig Latin."
> >

> Predates Snoop (Doggy) Dogg, seem like to me. What the shizzle, my nizzle?
>
> --
> -Wilson
> –––
> All say, "How hard it is that we have to die!"––a strange complaint to
> –Mark Twain
>
> Once that we recognize that we do not err out of laziness, stupidity,
> or evil intent, we can uncumber ourselves of the impossible burden of
> trying to be permanently right. We can take seriously the proposition
> that we could be in error, without necessarily deeming ourselves
> idiotic or unworthy.
> –Kathryn Schulz

If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible
warning. -Catherine Aird