Quote: 640K ought to be enough for anyone (attrib Bill Gates 1990 January 1)

Thu Dec 16 05:43:15 UTC 2010

Thank you for such high praise Fred. The results of your broader
search are fantastic; outstanding work on the often difficult task of
matching and filtering alternative phrasings.

Gates is not the richest man in the world nowadays, but the interest
in this quote is still high. Many people are entertained by "feet of
clay" style quotations.

Appreciate your comment Joel. I also worked on some software systems
with tight memory limitations, but never that tight for a full OS.
Babbage probably said 1000 gears and latches ought to be enough for
anyone.
Garson