Linguistic dark matter - culturomics

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Dec 19 15:32:53 UTC 2010

>The massive searchable database is being hailed as the key to a new era of
research in the humanities, linguistics and social sciences that has been
dubbed "culturomics".

"at Harvard University": The famous one?

"being hailed": By whom? Sez who?  (I can guess.)

"the key": To open what?  (I can't guess.)

"been dubbed": To make it look really important.

"a new era of research": Of similar quality.

For another recent, high-profile Harvard product, see _A New Literary
History of the United States_, ed. by rock-critic Greil Marcus.

JL