Connecticut is no longer in New England -- or perhaps anywhere?

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 22 20:44:43 UTC 2010

On a somewhat related note, several publications (news, bloggers) have
identified NY state as being in the "Rust Belt"--ostensibly because of
its population decline (at least, relative to the rest of the country)
and losing congressional representation. Other publications list parts
of NY state, especially the border with Vermont and Connecticut as "New
England". DiscoverNewEngland does not include NY formally, but note that
the map that erased CT also showed a part of NY state (it could have
left off the neighboring sate completely). In any case, DNE is hardly a
useful guide in what is and what isn't since it's based on state
government payments--no payment, no inclusion.

     VS-)