language Web sites for student assignment

Amy West medievalist at W-STS.COM
Mon Feb 1 13:11:42 UTC 2010

The next assignment that I'm giving my Comp. II (academic writing)
class is a review. I'm gathering language-related Web sites to give
them to write a review of. So far I've got:

Visual Thesaurus
Language Log
Separated by a Common Language
World Wide Words
Do You Speak American?
Web of Language
A Way with Words
Wordnik
and
Grammarphobia.com

(I should add Dave Wilton's Word Origins site as well)

Can folks e-mail me directly (or post to the list if they think it's
relevant) other Web site suggestions? (I need about 9 more.) My
purpose is three-fold: 1) to practice the genre of the review 2) to
practice evaluating sources and 3) to gather a collection of sources
that they can use for the upcoming research project.

---Amy West